HR software frequently asked questions
We answer your most common questions.
- What happens at the end of my trial?
- We have a 14 day FREE trial period. If after the FREE trial you choose to continue using Staff Squared (and we hope that you will) you will be asked to upgrade your account and set up your payment details. Future payments will then be made on the same date each month.
- What payment types do you accept?
- We take all major credit cards and direct debit for UK customers. Customers paying annually can also pay by invoice.
- Do I have to commit to a minimum term?
- We don’t ask you to sign up to Staff Squared for a minimum term. You can cancel at any point if you want to stop using Staff Squared for any reason.
- Is there a contract I need to sign?
- What does it cost?
- Staff Squared costs just £3 per person per month. That’s it, there are absolutely no other fees. You can find more information on our pricing page.
- Do you offer discounts?
- If you don’t ask you don’t get so email us and tell us why we should give you a discount.
- If I enter all my data in a trial do I have to enter it again if I upgrade?
- No. Your trial account simply gets upgraded to a paid account. It’s all seamless and you carry on as you started off.
- What happens if I join before my free trial period expires?
- The remaining time on your trial period will be used up before we bill you so you’re guaranteed the free 14 days regardless of when you upgrade to a paid account.
Getting up and running
- What software and hardware do I need?
- Because Staff Squared is online software it runs perfectly in your favourite web browser. There is no need for you to buy any additional hardware or software to use it.
- Can you show me how to get the most out of Staff Squared?
- Our Customer Care Team will give you a FREE 15 minute demo to show you how Staff Squared works for your small business HR needs.
- How do I import my staff data?
- It’s simple to import your staff data from a spreadsheet into Staff Squared. If you don’t have a spreadsheet you can also manually enter staff details one at a time. Our Customer Care Team are also on hand to help upload your staff data for you at no extra charge.
- Can I export my staff data?
- Yes you can export all your staff data in to a spreadsheet and download a backup of all the files in the account at any time.
- How do I suggest a Staff Squared feature?
- We love hearing from our customers about new ideas. Contact us and get involved in the continuous development of Staff Squared.
- Can I sync my existing email calendar with the Staff Squared calendar?
- Yes, you can do this using iCal feeds. It’s easy to do in Staff Squared or our Customer Care Team can take you through the process.
- Do I have to pay extra for upgrades?
- All the features are available to all our customers for the same low monthly cost. As part of your monthly subscription we add new features and constantly maintain Staff Squared.
- Am I still charged for members of staff that no longer work for us?
- When you end employment for a member of staff in the Staff Squared application they cannot log into their account from that point onwards and you won’t be charged for them anymore.
Data and security
- Is my HR information secure within Staff Squared?
- We backup your data in real time, encrypt your data using bank level 128-bit security and our servers are located in a UK based state-of-the-art data centre. Head over to our security and reliability page for more information about how we protect your data.