4th June 2019
Following our previous update which introduced new file sharing settings and permissions as well as new functionality such as ‘week ahead’ emails and staff group management, we are pleased to have released even more updates and new features.
A series of reports can now be run directly from your Dashboard which allow you to see results on staff headcount, employment status, department, office and location. With visual representation in the form of graphs and pie charts, your employee statistics are readily available at all times.
File Uploaders ‘Locked’ to their Files
Users will now be ‘locked’ to the files they upload, meaning that once the file has been uploaded, that user will not be removable. This is to ensure that when share settings are edited, there is always at least one person with access to these files.
Don’t worry though – previous share settings will be respected, so if the uploader has been removed, they will not be locked to the file; however, if they are ever readded to the file, they will be locked to it from that date onwards.
Holiday Allowance Emails
Head over to your Reminder settings to determine the rules for your new Holiday Allowance Balance emails.
These can be sent to admins and managers on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis and will show a breakdown of each employee’s working days remaining against their total unused holiday that needs to be taken before the end of your current holiday year.
‘Everyone’ Wording has been Changed
When sharing profile files, users had the option of sharing with everyone, staff groups or individuals; however, there was some clarity missing from the option ‘everyone’, as this was perceived to mean everyone in the company. To remove any confusion surrounding its meaning, this has now been changed to ‘admins, line managers and this employee’.
NB: A warning message has been added to /company/privacysettings/ when trying to edit ‘managers can view and add files for the staff they manage’ to advise that if this is turned off, the share option that used to be called ‘everyone’ will be called ‘admins and this employee’, and ‘admins, line managers and this employee’ when this is turned on.
- File uploads were previously limited to the following file extensions: gif, jpeg, jpg, png, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, pdf, odt, ods, odp, msg, ppt and pptx. These restrictions have been revised to include all Microsoft Office and Mac Office formats.
- Pressing enter when editing an existing or adding a new folder saves the changes and closes the dialog.
- New accounts that join Staff Squared part whose holiday year straddles the current and previous holiday years would get a holiday allowance warning message. This was because bank holidays for the previous calendar year are not currently pre-populated. This has now been changed to ensure that if an account is created in 2019, bank holidays for 2018 will be added to the account automatically.
- Standard staff users are now able to change their notification settings which will be applicable to them if they are assigned as absence or expense approvers.
- The warning message for bulk sharing files will now be red to better draw attention.
- Styling of all reports have been made consistent.
In the coming weeks and months you can expect to see a string of updates to your time tracking workflows and timesheets, ensuring that you are able to switch between clients more easily. You will also see the introduction of a new Chrome extension for easy access to your timer start/stop and advanced time tracking reports. We can’t wait for you to see what we have in store.
Keep your feedback coming. We are always keen to hear from you. You can contact us at email@example.com.
Clarisse works as the Lead of our Customer Support Team to provide all of our customers with the very best care and guidance when using their HR software.