21st June 2013
We’ve been busy making improvements to Staff Squared. We’ve also lined up some great new performance management functionality but that’s top secret for everybody except our paying customers for a wee while longer.
Bank holiday management is now much improved!
Bank (or public for our friends in the US) holiday management is now much more powerful. You can now add standard holidays as well as custom ones to your account.
To set up your bank or public holidays go to the Cog in the top right hand corner (admins only), click Company Settings followed by the Bank/Public holidays tab.
From there, click the option to Add Standard Holidays. Your standard holidays will now show on your calendar!
In addition to allowing standard and custom holidays, this new feature will:
- Allow you to set whether holiday allowance should be deducted from staff who book time off on your custom holiday
- Allow you to set bank/public holidays for coming years
- Automatically show holidays in the calendar
- Automatically show holidays in your iCal feed so that you can pull your company holidays into other calendars such as Google, Outlook, etc
- Warn you if the holiday falls on a weekend so that you can change the holiday date to suit your company’s calendar
See who approved a holiday
You can now see who has approved a holiday on the overall staff holiday page:
Access staff profiles straight from the organisation chart.
We’re working to add a quick find search bar in the bar at the top of Staff Squared, but in the meantime you can now access profiles straight from your organisation chart:
Video help guides now available
You asked for more help guides, and you got it. We’ve updated our knowledge base with even more information about Staff Squared and within the app you’ll now find videos that give you a detailed walk through of the key features.
To access the videos click the new question mark in the top right hand corner, followed by Help Videos.