Embrace Technology and Stay One Step Ahead image

Embrace Technology and Stay One Step Ahead

Staff Squared date icon17th July 2018

Tag iconTech

Love it or loathe it, there’s no denying that technology is a vital component in the running of all small and medium-sized businesses. And while early adopters may be greeting new advancements and devices with open arms, if you’re a little less willing to meet the future head on, here’s why you need to get over your fear – for the sake of your business.

There are plenty of business owners and managers out there who relish the thought of integrating the latest app or wireless device into their operations – and they may well be your competitors. The fact is, no one can ignore the increasing digitization of modern business; not only will more tech savvy businesses be leaving you in the dust, but embracing technology means you’ll be providing a better experience for your customers too.

Here are a few pointers to get you off the starting block and ensure you hit the ground running.

Embrace software and apps

There are a wealth of applications and software programs that are designed to help you run your business more effectively. And that can be an issue in itself, especially if you’re not sure what you’re looking for. Whether you want a cloud storage solution (a place where you can digitally store files so staff members can access them wherever they are) or an app to help you get through your to-do list each day, you’ll be bombarded with choices. Do some research online, read reviews, and ask others in your industry – or even tech-friendly friends and family – to find out what works for them.

Build your online presence

These days there are multiple ways of connecting with your existing and potential customers to keep your business at the forefront of their minds. Flyers and newspaper adverts are breathing their dying breath and you need to get online if you want to grab people’s attention. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn can really help get your voice out there. Making sure your website is up-to-date and provides a great user experience is crucial too, and writing regular blog posts will help you engage with your community. Which takes neatly us to…

Ditch standard broadband

It’s estimated that 30% of small enterprises in the UK are still using regular broadband for their internet connection. That means the other 70% are using ultrafast broadband. A speedier connection will not only ensure the pages of your website load more quickly, it means your overall productivity will increase as everything you’re doing online becomes quicker and more streamlined.

Hire tech-savvy staff

If the world of technology is one you’re loathe to get involved in, why not find someone to do the job for you? They don’t even have to be a full time hire – you could find a freelance social media expert or a part time coder who specialises in the jobs you hate and who can take care of those time consuming and confusing tasks for you!

More from our blog

Pay only for what your business needs

  • £


    per person

    per month

  • Try Staff Squared FREE for 14 days. No credit card required.

How can we help?

Staff Squared Logomark Close icon

Let's get your HR started.

Tick FREE for 14 days
Tick No credit card required
Close cross
Enter your email address

Already have an account? Log in

Need help?