19th December 2018
2018 has been a very exciting year for Staff Squared. We have welcomed new members to the team, created a brand new user interface and introduced some great new features to the HR solution you know and love.
Welcoming New Team Members
2018 has been a whirlwind year all around, and our ever-growing team has been no exception!
With the addition of some fantastic talent and brainpower – including our incredible new(ish) Graphic Designer – the Staff Squared team has gone from strength to strength.
A Brand New Look
April saw a very exciting update to the entire look of Staff Squared. We grew up a lot, moving from Sir Pointsalot – who had been on his Staff Squared journey since its launch in 2012 – to a much more professional and streamlined product.
It might have taken some getting used to, but over the months that followed the brand refresh, Staff Squared has continued to excel and you guys have continued to share your amazingly positive thoughts and feedback.
Great New Features
We didn’t just want to stop at updating the branding. Since then, we have introduced an array of updates and new features to let Staff Squared and its users thrive. Here are just a few of this year’s highlights.
The first of our updates were focused on your company calendar, adding a range of exciting new enhancements including:
- A calendar layout that is much easier to read and navigate.
- Day, week, month and schedule views to filter your calendar entries more efficiently.
- Absence audits – allowing you to see when an absence was created, who it was approved by and any changes that have been made to it.
- Recurring custom absences to help you add repeating entries much more easily.
August saw us working hard to bring you a brand new feature that proved to be in very high demand – onboarding checklists – allowing you to automate your onboarding processes by completing paperwork and task in one place rather than having to manually process them with the addition of each new employee.
Other features included in this release were:
- Admin, manager, all staff, pending and ex-staff tabs in your staff directory, allowing you to filter between various user types.
- The ability to add multiple next of kin contacts.
- Emergency and Onboarding profile tabs.
Soon after onboarding was introduced to the Staff Squared fold, we turned our attention to your files. The way your documents were managed was good but we wanted it to be great, so we added:
- The ability to manage permissions for your files.
- An option to create folders to group your documents in.
- A more granular ‘required reading’ setting which allows you to choose who should read a new document.
- A read files report so you can see exactly who has and has not read those files.
- The ability to email files to a third party directly from Staff Squared.
New Expenses Workflow
Our next release will reinvent the way you currently manage your company expenses and we simply cannot wait for you to see what we have in store!
These are just a small handful of the new features and functionalities that we have introduced during 2018. If you would like to read more about our work to Staff Squared over the year, you can see some of our other blog posts here:
We are incredibly proud of the work that we have done and continue to put into maintaining Staff Squared, but there is one thing that we could not do it without – you.
Thank you for your continued support and loyalty. We are extremely grateful to have such wonderful businesses using our software to make your HR efforts easier. You are who we do it for.
From the whole team here at Staff Squared, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We can’t wait to see what 2019 will bring!
Clarisse works on our Customer Care Team to provide all of our customers with the very best care and guidance when using their HR software.